Holistics is on a mission to improve data teams' productivity by bringing software engineering best practices to Data Analytics. We are looking for relentless and passionate builders to join our team to drive Holistics towards that mission.
And as a Product Manager of Holistics, you will be able to learn and get involved in building a simple yet powerful high-tech product that is directly shaping the data industry.
How we build products
- Autonomous but aligned: We adapt and personalize the Spotify Squad Model. Our team is split into 7 Squads, each (4-7 members consisting of PM, PD, and engineers working autonomously together. Each has its own mission, strategy, and goals that contribute to our product's overall vision.
- We embrace transparency culture across the company. We make sure that everyone know what's going on and have access to any information they need to make informed decisions, whether it is a technical document, a revenue dashboard, or a strategy discussion.
- We have a strong writing (doc-first) culture. Documents create transparency and clarity of thought, almost everything in Holistics is communicated through written documents. Everybody has to learn the best practices in writing and note-taking such as (Evergreen Notes, PKM, Zettelkasten, etc.)
- Customer-informed, not Customer-driven. We observe and listen carefully to our customers, but we don't try to build everything they ask for. We strive to empathize, learn their real needs, and figure out how they would fit into our vision.
- Data-informed, not Data-driven. Product management is an intersection of science and art, data are used to inform our decisions, strengthen our intuition rather than to be relied on.
- We maintain a problem-solving culture. Everyone is strongly encouraged to have rigorous understanding of a problem, separating Problem Space vs Solution Space as well as using Eigenquestions to find the most important dimensions of a problem. Solutions are deliberated over with trade-offs explicitly listed in discussion documentation. Watch this talk on problem-solving for engineers (Vietnamese) from our cofounder.
- Deliver high-quality products with speed. We find the balance between speed and deep thinking for long-term product vision and architecture. We do not compromise product quality for artificial deadlines; we release products that we are proud of. To stay competitive, we choose to ruthlessly optimize our skills and processes, enabling us to deliver product faster.
- We value experimentation and encourage everyone to be a builder by allowing team members to participate in hackathons and implement their own ideas in Holistics.
- Continuous learning: We encourage people to learn and share, because each member is an atom of the product/company’s success: We have a weekly TED talk program where team members present about topics they are interested in; Engineering Team organizes weekly technical talks as well as monthly technical workshops; Product Team has regular AMA events with external product experts, and Happy Sharing events to share what have we learn; We share what we learn in every meeting with have, and on every channel we communicate
Product Principles inform how we build, design, and make decisions when developing products.
- Always start with problem: The key to success is identifying the right problem to solve. Always start everything with deeply understanding of the problems to be solved, be clearly aware of the problem and solution spaces.
- Customer-Centric: We build products to make our customers' lives better. Constantly talk to our customers and observe how they use product to understand deeply their challenges at work.
- Think Deep, Think Big, Start Small: Think in long-term, envision how the product will evolve and fit into the big picture. Then start with a smallest coherent solution. Always ask yourself how can you ship sooner and learn faster.
- Simple things should be simple, complex things should be possible: Data Analytics is huge space, and data tools are usually complex. We challenge ourselves to build a powerful analytics product that is also easy to use, allowing anyone to make data-informed decisions.
- Prioritize Ruthlessly: We must deprioritize a lot of things in order to do what we prioritize. Each feature increases maintenance cost, operational cost, and the product complexity. It is better to focus on doing a few things well than many things half-assed.
- Empowered Product Team: We always start with the problem, instead of a list of features, everyone is empowered to dig deeper into the problem space, define their own approach and strategy to solve the problem. - Empowered - Marty Cagan. We substantially invest in individuals to reach their potential, because we believe each individual's success generates compounding growth for the entire product.
What will you be doing & learning
Learn by doing, be the owner of what you build (Discover, Build, Launch, Measure, Learn, Lead)
- 🔍 Discover: Understand the market and users by leading user/market/competitive research to scope out the right problems, and formulate product strategy for Holistics.
- 🔨 Build: Translate product strategy to executable plans and objectives, collaborate with Engineering & Design teams to come up with the desirable solutions.
- 🚀 Launch: Launch the final features/products to the market, clearly communicate product values to users and internal stakeholders.
- 📐 Measure: Define success metrics, learn from numbers and customer feedback to improve the products.
- 🎓 Learn: Learn from what you built and shipped, continuously experiment and enhance the quality of the products.
- ⭐ Lead: Own the products/features, become a decision-maker, and inspire your teammates to achieve the missions together.
We have a variety of challenging product areas where you can learn and grow:
- Analytics-as-code: Holistics allows you to define your analytics logic in code (DSL) and check it into Git version control. This makes the analytics process more maintainable and streamlined.
- Product Growth: Increasing the value proposition of Holistics to the existing target market by removing barriers to access and increasing product distribution.
- dbx (dbdiagram, dbdocs, and DBML): an open-source product line that aims to increase developer productivity by providing the best database tools.
Stories about how we build and launch products at Holistics
- Round 1: A short chat with Product Manager (Short chat to introduce Holistics, our product, discuss to understand your skills and experiences)
- Round 2: Do take-home assignment (offline - deadline 3 days, will be sent after Round 1)
- Round 3: Technical interview with Product team (You are expected to handle an end-to-end product management process & present assignment)
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a Product Manager who’s excited by this vision to join us on this ambitious product. Freshers are welcome if you believe you are a good fit.
- You love problem-solving, you find it unpleasant when a problem goes unsolved, you want to figure out the root cause to come up with a proper solution.
- You have entrepreneurial spirit. You want to learn how a business or startup operates so that you can eventually start your own.
- You are a lifelong learner, who are curious how the everything works and strive to grow yourself everyday.
- You treat yourselves like a product, always iterating and improving to deliver more value.
- You believe and want to prove that a Vietnam-based Product & Engineering Team can build a world-class product.
- Genuine interest in the space: We’d love to work with people who are genuinely interested in the product and the space we’re in.
- Great English writing and communication skills.
- Bonus - You are a builder: You have built and launched your own product, or you have a plan to do so.
- You are welcome if you believe you are good at at least 3 of the skills listed in our competency model, we will help you develop the rest: Fluency with Data, Customer Interview and Qualitative Research, User Experience, Market and Competitive Research, Product Design, Writing Feature Specs, Product Delivery, Product Vision, Strategy and Roadmapping, Business Outcome Ownership, Managing up, Team Leadership, Stakeholder Management
Why You'll Love Working
- Junior PM: USD 700 - 1700 Gross
- PM: USD 1700 - 2800 Gross
- Senior PM: USD 2800 - 3900 Gross
👨🏼💼 Training & career developments
- Weekly TED talks to expand skills and knowledge.
- Yearly budget to support personal and professional growth, well-beings and interest cultivations.
🌏 Competitive salary and benefits
- 24/7 Healthcare Insurance, Periodic Medical Checkup.
- Salary regular reviews, 13-month Bonus.
- Stock Options for high-contributing individuals.
💕 Awesome company policies
- A flexible work culture, Regular reviews, Remote policy.
- 14 Annual leaves/year, 14 Sick leaves/year, Children care leave policy.
- Weekly happy hours. Company trip and company-organized events.
🏢 Workstations provided for maximum productivity
- MacBook (or Laptop) Grant
- Mechanical Keyboard + Razer Mouse
- Big-screen monitor(s)
🌐 Working time: From Monday – Friday, from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
🌐 Work location:457 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 5, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam